The AZORES - GREEN GARDENS APP, for Android and iOS operating systems, is the result of a partnership between the Azores – Green Gardens project (Observatório de Turismo do Açores / Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso / Universidade dos Açores) and the company 4D Produções Lda.
The mobile application was designed with a guide to support garden tourism in the Azores, providing georeferenced information for real-time navigation to anyone wishing to visit the 11 gardens selected from the most emblematic and representative of the Azores.
Some features of the APP AZORES - GREEN GARDENS are:
• consultation of the list of gardens according to proximity, directions, opening hours,
admission conditions, amenities (car park, toilets, cafeteria, shop, picnic area, etc.)
• interactive map where information about points of interest is available (built elements, botanical values and others)
• recommended circuits within each garden
• historical notes in the form of timeline
• augmented reality, such as the 360º panoramic landscape identifier and the image comparator
• two thematic routes: the giant trees route and the Camélias route (both in São Miguel)
The technical and scientific content resulted from the work developed by a multidisciplinary team of researchers from the University of the Azores and from specialized collaborators hired, assisted by a panel of expert consultants of recognized competence and supported by a vast network of partners.
More information at: azoresgreengardens.com